This policy describes the processing of your personal data in relation to your use of the website playcentrebookings.co.uk, or one of it’s subdomains or the Play Centre Booking widget on a venues website by Escalating Limited (11711165 3rd Floor, London, E1 8FA) (“we”, “us” or “our”), as the owner and operator of the website and app.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law (including, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/ 679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal data.
Where applicable, this policy should be read alongside Escalating’s terms and conditions which tell you about the terms on which you may use the platform.
What personal data is collected?
- Personal data collected from you:The following categories of personal data will be collected about you in connection with your use of the platform and your interaction with us, including, but not limited to, when you fill in forms on the platform or provide us with information whilst in a venue, and submit user-generated reviews or ratings, engage in any social media functions on the platform, make transactions in a participating venue:
- Personal Identification Information: such as, your name, date of birth, gender;
- Contact Information: such as, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic Information: such as, postcode;
- Venues you visit and frequency of visit;
- Social media identification information, such your Facebook page address, your Twitter handle, your Instagram handle and profile picture;
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.In addition, if you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Please note that Escalating or the participating venue, will not store credit or debit card information from payments made through our services other than where it is necessary for us to complete our obligations to you.
- Personal data collected about you:
- From Others: Although we generally collect personal data directly from you, we also collect certain categories of personal data about you from other sources.
- Automatically Collected Information: [such as, web browser type and version, operating system, the platform you came from and exit to, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, your browser settings, the date and time of your visits, and details regarding your interaction with the platform (including which pages or resources on the platform you access);]
- For example, if you connect with our platform using Facebook, we store your Facebook I.D., your first name, surname, email, location, pages you have “liked” and profile picture we can see which brands you have liked on Facebook. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Sometimes you will have given your consent for other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us. For example, this could include information we receive about you if you follow a Promoter’s or Venue’s page/website we operate or any other services we provide, in which case we will have informed you when we collected this data that it may be shared. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data. It could also include information from third parties that we work with to provide our products and services, such as payment processors, delivery companies, technical support companies and advertising companies. Whenever we receive information about you from these third parties, we will let you know what information we have received and how and why we intend to use it.As a Customer we will collect additional Personal Data from you, sometimes for our own purposes and other times on behalf of a Promoter/Venue.As a Customer we will collect additional Personal Data from you, sometimes for our own purposes and other times on behalf of a Promoter/Venue.Also, Promoters and Venues can create event registration pages to collect information from Customers regarding their registration for a Promoter’s/Venue’s event listed on our Services. Escalating does not control the Promoter’s/Venues registration process nor any Personal Data that a Promoter/Venue collects. Personal Data collected on behalf of Promoter/Venue is provided to the Promoter/Venue of the applicable event in accordance with the provisions set out below.
How is your personal data used?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Contractual Necessity: As required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example: if you make a purchase from us (this will include taking payments); communicating with you and providing customer services; and in order to administer your booking.
- Legitimate Interests: As required by us to pursue our own legitimate interests, in particular:
- facilitating the creation of, and securing, online registered accounts
- managing, operating and improving online registered services (incl. enabling you to manage your marketing preferences), and customer journeys on the platform;
- monitoring any online feedback/reviews to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- delivering tailored advertising (incl. via Facebook look-a-like and custom audience);
- we will use data in connection with legal claims which concern our company, group or partners, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- creating user / customer insights based on transactional behaviour segments to drive targeted direct marketing;
- creating user / customer insights based on demographic segments to drive targeted email direct marketing and also carrying out market research and surveys;
- communicating with you; and
- investigating and handling any complaints received from you about our platform, or our services.
You can obtain further information on the legitimate interests balancing exercises which we have carried out by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- Legal Compliance: To ensure compliance with applicable laws and legal processes including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, tax, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation and to law enforcement agencies).
- Consent: Subject to the following, we may send you direct marketing by email, SMS, push notifications, telephone, post, in-App and online about our clients services which we think may be of interest to you. This will only be sent where you have given your consent to Escalating during the online sign-up process or verbally, or (where permissible) you have been given an opportunity to opt out. You will be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email itself and, in all other cases, by updating your preferences on the Escalating platform.